WD 4TB Gaming Drive Works with Playstation 4 Portable External Hard Drive - WDBM1M0040BBK-WESN

  • Expand your PS4 gaming experience
  • Play anywhere
  • Fast and easy setup
  • Sleek design with high capacity
  • 3-year manufacturer's limited warranty

What more can I say than having enough space for all your games is exactly what you buy this for. The best part is that you don't have to spend time or bandwidth re-downloading games with this portable drive because you didn't have enough space. I haven't used it for this but you can take the drive with all your games to play them on someone else's machine without downloading them there also. With games becoming more and more space intensive, the internal storage is grossly inadequate and the need for portable increases. I own 2 of these as I have almost 7 Terabytes of game data on the XBOX One alone. I have trusted WD to store my valuable for more than 15 years.

I got this here & I love it. I plugged it in the back of my Xbox one in the "SS" usb slot & turned my Xbox one on & it pretty much did all the work. It has a USB so you don't need a power cord. All you do is hit format & your Xbox does everything else. Now I have plenty of room for games & apps on my Xbox. I would highly recommend!

i hooked this up to the Xbox One and that's about it. my issues came w/ the Xbox - but once they were cleared up, I moved every game that was notoriously slow to this drive and saw marked improvement. so even though this is not an SSD, it is a marked improvement on the default slow drive that comes standard w/ the XB1. you can't go wrong choosing this drive.

WD is known for very long and reliable drive lifespan. Durable enclosure to protect against occasional drops & normal wear/tare. Everything I excpected from previous purchase. Purchased this specific drive for increased RPM to be used in my NAS. About 6mo. of well above average use (compared to use with XB1) , dusk health great with minimal wear and Smart stats are right where they should be. Have also notified the drive ‘sleeps’ slightly more often compared to my other 2Tb MyPassport drive (non-‘X’). Which in turn leads to less wear and longer drive life. Though unsure if this is due to faster drive speed or firmware update. Have tried a few different models of Toshiba and Seagate drives but had relatively early failures on Toshiba and poor sleep mgmt from Seagate. (Hardly ever actually). This ‘X’ model added the few speed improvements to the MyPassport line and continues the established ongetivety of WD drive lifespans.

I like how small it is don't care for playstation transfer only not allowing you to copy other than maybe the complicated backup option because it is slower to transfer then copy which is why most people complain about speed if you have ever cut pasted file on a computer you would know what i mean other than that only had it for a day or two came a day early thank so far games work great on it haven't notice a speed difference run like normal thanks.

Before I bought this, I was at the limit of my PS4 500 GB storage and had to delete a game in order to download another. This device is easy to install and format, with 4 TB I don't have to worry about storage capacity. The only problem I have is that only the game data can be downloaded onto this device, save data is still stored on the PS4 storage. It's not a big deal, but I'd like to be able to store all game and save data on the extended storage.

2 months in, works great on my ps4. I would recommend turning off your ps4 if you have to move the ps4 or the external hdd as it does disconnect very easily. Minus half a star for that but I'll err on the side of generosity and say 5 stars.

Anyone who owns an Xbox One can attest to the irritation of having to install every game you want to play on the hard drive that comes with very limited space. This is the perfect answer to keep adding games to your collection without having to either sweat it out over which games live or die on your hard drive or play russian roulette with your currently installed games to make room for a new one. With 2 TB of space added on, I can comfortable install all my games with plenty of room to spare. This page, and other reviewers, said that after you plugged in the external drive that the Xbox One detected it and put instructions on the screen to follow so you could use it. I did not get this prompting and had to suss out how to manually set up the drive: 1. Press Menu (start) and select "Settings" 2. Select "Manage Storage" 3. Select the storage device and select "Format for Games and Apps" After the formatting is done, you can go to the Games and Apps area and (hopefully) notice a lovely 2 TB increase to your space. You can use the "Manage Game" function to move games to and fro the local and external drives. When installing, you can select the external as your primary installation destination.

Bought this drive as a cyber Monday deal and man was it a great choice. PS4 recognized it immediately and been working great since the instant I plugged it in. It does load games a bit faster than the internal storage as well. It also looks great and is small for portability. Definitely recommend to everyone looking for USB powered 4TB drive!

For a while I was getting worried about having to buy a new console for more storage. I looked around and found the WD 2TB My Passport X for Xbox One Portable External Hard Drive. The reviews were great, I ordered and kept my fingers crossed. I'm very pleased to say, that this was a very great buy on Amazon and worth every penny. The set-up was so easy, just followed the instructions my Xbox One gave me and POOOOF.....mo...mo...storage!!! Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sadly, running after somebody, hitting them in the back of their had with a blunt instrument you had to fetch out of your trunk beforehand of doing so is most likely to be judged excessive force in most western countries.

Wow, same fucking meme in a different texting app...

ASUS ROG PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor WQHD 1440p IPS 165Hz DisplayPort Adjustable Ergonomic EyeCare G-SYNC